Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Friday, January 14, 2011

Vintage Garb has Stolen my Harte


BE CALM???? 
I'M FREAKING OUT HERE FROM THRIFTING WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????!!!!!!

Online shopping is and will be my downfall. It's so easy to just click and - poop! - you've bought orders upon orders of fabulous apparel. Last weekend it was vintage jewelry, which I've got the bulk of basically with a couple more waiting to be delivered. I've decided that my quirk fashion thing will be wearing vintage necklaces so I've purchased an array of diamondy beauties ranging mainly from the 60's. 

Easy to say I'm hopelessly in love.

But, last night I was browsing an online flea market and came across the mother load of all amazing, stupendously chic vintage clothing. And it all started with a teal 1965 prom dress...for a $1. Si, a dollar! Numero uno. Aside from smelling funky from being in storage since the night after it was worn nigh four decades and some years, it's in sweet condition. 

FOR ONE WHOLE DOLLAR!!!!!

Obviously I snatched that baby up and will coo over it fondly once it arrives. It began a chain reaction where I searched that shop's items till I came across this OUTSTANDING 1960's wool sheath dress with FUR SLEEVED CUFFS. 10 bucks, plus a vintage cocktail ring AND vintage tortoise shell sunglasses for 5 each and I scooped those up too.


I suddenly this past week had a dire thirst for tortoise shell sunglasses and finding these steal of a deal sunnies was almost as good as finding my now authentic Chanel bag at a thirst store for 40 dollars last year. Almost. Not quite since, come on. It's Chanel and the store had no idea it was real. There's no beatin' that.
Anypoo, my next treasure find was what sent my heart reeling and my bank account buzzing. Kinda. Not really come to think of it. I'm still a bargain hunter and unless it's designer and still reasonably priced (aka close to 20 bucks) I'll splurge. So, just kidding, though my heart was pounding wif excitement over this discovery!

It's a mini dress. It's high collared. It's sleeveless (hint hint at the era). It's black velvet. It has a jeweled column running down the middle of it. It has a cream, chiffon pleated skirt. It's from 1960.

Yes. Feel that crazy stirring beneath your breast. Let that fabulous, wonderful image sink in. 

There will be pictures. Oh, hellz yea there will be pictures. Once I get these golden relics of a time I so badly want to be a part of, Princessa and I shall be photo shooting up a storm of vintage extreme! I'm overwhelmed and feel like crying blissful, joyous tears from my soon to be updated wardrobe.
Yet, there's more! Two more articles, in fact!

(Indeed, I'm that crafty.) One, that I simply had to buy because how could I pass up such a deal for a high fashion designer? The designer being Giorgio Armani and the deal being a pair of navy blue pleated high-waisted pants from the 80's. Um. Chyeah. Fantastico to the millionth power...cubed. That's right, I cubed it. 

They may be a little big on the hips, but the inseam is perfecto for wearing them with heels. Which I will fervently wear them with, of course. Plus, my tailor Deolinda is wicked awesome and charges, like, $8 for tailoring pants. Scorezy! 

Last, but not least cause I am returning to that wondrous land full of beautiful vintage pieces just waiting to be bought with my crisp, new paycheck. Also, did I mention that almost every seller is having a winter sale? Yee son. And this last item is supa sweet. Bright purple (but like the cute bright purple, not the tacky) with that sturdy, pleated-like chiffon overlay - floor length - a dress, obviously, and from Neiman Marcus circa 1963.

*Hallelujah chorus* Jackpot! Though the actual lottery jackpot would be even better so I could buy all this stuff I saw, but was too expensive. However, let's not get off subject here. Usually post's such as this one are accompanied by flamboyant photos of said vintage clothes, but you need to refer to a couple paragraphs up for that. 

I was hasty to reveal my findings (Uh, who wouldn't with the haul I scored?) so suck it up and wait it out with me till they're in my clutches and I never let go. The pictures will follow because I'd be stupid not to share them at least electronically. Are ya wif me? 


2 comments:

  1. HOLY LORD BUCKET OF JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

    I literally almost pooped my pantaloons with excitement. TMI? Sorry...not really. Because now you know the extent of my excitement.

    I can't WAIT for the pics, Kels!!

    Seriously, you've inspired me because I am so NOT a bargain shopper. If I like it, I but it--even if I have to sell myself on the street to pay for it. But now I will look for those CRAZY screamin' deals that you've been finding!! :D

    ReplyDelete