Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Monday, January 24, 2011

In the name of Zoë


 
 

I have loved and followed Zoë Saldana pretty much so meticulously I've had my nose stuck between her boobies since before Avatar. Like, Center Stage days, but then disappeared a bit till she returned fully glam and retardly beautiful. However, the one thing - or should I say one accessory - that I am positively smitten with good ol' Zo is her sublime choice of shoes.

Surriously.

Every single outfit she wears - and oh boy, has she worn some of my FAVORITE pieces from so many designers I die a little at the couture overload - she wears the most ideal, fitting heels with each look!

I mean, it's insane!

But obviously in ze best fabulous way possible. I idolize her style. Plus, she has a rockin' hot bod from years of ballet. My ideal scene for how I've always wanted to be skinny, though I managed with my own choice of workout.

Shout out to Ab crunch Pilates VHS!

So, what is it that creates gorgeous Zoë's masterpiece outfits? Her stylist? Her boldness? Sassiness? Confidence? I'mma go with all of ze above. Who are we kidding? Hollywood women can have some really top notch taste in fashion, but it's usually the stylist's that tie it all up in a wonderful French bow.

I'm sorta known as the stylist of my bestie group. I'm constantly being asked to dress my girlies or go shopping with them or help them find something to wear from their closets when we go out on the (meh) town.

And I kinda really lobe it. Matching up different articles of clothing with accessories and mm, shoes...(and by shoes, I mean heels)...it satisfies me with a great big warm fashionista cup of coffee. Wait, scratch that. Cup of vanilla latte, not coffee. I gotta have me some flava.

Flavor flave! Yeeeeee boiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Anyway, whether it's spring or winter, Zoë knows how to dress to impress. Ubber cute. Ubber chic. Ubber stunning. I've yet to see something on her person that hasn't knocked me over with a bottle of fabulous. And it's not just over the course of a publicity tour for a movie, or even a year. Naw, it's been since about 2008 that I've kept a peeping eye on Zoë Saldana.


 
She really stepped it up a notch (or a gazillion) during Star Trek's promo tour.




 I loved her long hair.




 2009 was definitely the year of the Zoë. It just happened to be my year for choosing my favorite collection pieces from a variety of designers -- all of which Zoë somehow managed to wear, pulling it off flawlessly. We were so on the same page it ain't even funny (but it is). 

Like, she wore the one Emilio Pucci sequin dress I liked of his (above ^) AND paired it with my favorite 'It' pair of Brian Atwood heels of that moment. I mean, come on. Our brains were practically one.
 


She's sew cute I kinda don't know what to do with myself.







 
Another superb thing about the dancer/model/actress is that she knows how to work it with small boobs. Yaya! sister, wez be in the same little A boat. But you know something that I think guys forget as well as women, for that matter?

A is the highest grade you can receive.

B is meh.

C is bad.

D is awful and E and F are just plain flunks.

So why do all these men want such a horrible graded girl? It's the same for meat at the market. You don't want C grade ground chuck beef. You want A grade! What the frex huh? Buck up and take example with Zoë's fantastic taste of wearing things that girls with C and D grades would look vulgar and distasteful in and stick with an A student working what she has.
 

 GORGEOUS!
(I was gonna put a copyright sign after this, but remembered I get major flack for zhat.)

BALMAIN.
Nuff said.


Nude, lace and ruffles.
Amazing.

The shoulder pads, the scarf, the white jeans!
God, I lobe her.

 THE HEELS.

 So coot even in jeans and a tweed jacket.


 
 The heels AND the turquoise earrings!
Mwah!
 I kiss my fingers in satisfaction.

  I LOBE how she rocks white! 
It looks beautous with her skin tone.
Plus, the cutouts.
I, however, can not exactly wear white unless I'm not afraid of looking translucent...


Her subtle tattoos are adorable!
Plus, she's wearing Calvin Klein.
Which I'm not necessarily fond of, but she looks mighty purty.
(Sure, when you want clean lines and simplicity, go Calvin Klein.)

 

I was so overwhelmingly in love with this Givenchy gown it was stupid crazy.



 This Roland Mouret dress is just the epitome of perfection for her.



When she wore this sequin and tulle Marchesa gown - Oh Lordy. Oh sweet lightening bolts of Zeus. NO ONE, not a single celebrity had worn that dress from Marchesa's Spring collection earlier in the year because it was so bold and heavy.

But Zoë rocked it and I literally freaked the freak out when I saw the picture. I exclaimed my love for her and her fashion sense after that. It was meant to be. In a non-stalker obsession, of course.



^
Ungh, the studded Christian Louboutin peep toes. 
Parfait with the draped black dress!

 Oh the shoes...




She just can't friggin' go wrong in the shoe department!!
Or life.


Zoë, I toast you and your impeccable taste in footwear (i.e. heels).

2 comments:

  1. 1. you have a lady crush on zoe.
    2. i do too
    3. I never realized she was such a good dresser!
    4. I'm really glad you didn't put © after gorgeous or me and cynthia would get mad.
    5. come here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY LORD BABY.

    I had NO idea Zoe was so fabulous!! I mean I knew she was a smokin' hottie fa sho. But not that she was an A list dresser AND our top rep for the itty bitty titty committee!! :D :D

    This is amazing, Kels!! As are you! Merci!

    ReplyDelete