Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Resolution to Dosolution

 
Since Sunday, but really it hadn't gone into effect till Tuesday, I've decided to actually put an effort into making my New Years Resolutions happen. I had three, which was relatively small compared to Princessa's, which was like fifteen. Best resolutions list EVER, but that's for her and this post is about mine.

The first was to lose ten pounds. Totally and fully gonna make zhat real and factual and that's that. 

So, in order to have it stick, I need to lose my massive addiction to tasty treats. I'd be fuckin' skinny up the wazoo if sugar didn't exist. Alas, it does and when there's a Twix or cookies n' cream ice cream or a box of chocolates, I'm doomed. Sorry, Forest, but my life is not a box of chocolates no mo (especially since I can't just pick one without knowing what I'll get since if it's a nut one, I'll upchuck then die). 

Therefore, I'm dedicating myself to reverting my bad sugar craving into only eating dark chocolate 60% and up. Yep, that's right. Me, the girl who despised dark chocolate from the womb, is quite partial to it now. I've been turned! Hip to the fucking hooray already.

That's step one to my first resolution. Since Sunday (last Wednesday was the real start, but I over did it like the fat kid in Matilda who eats the entire chocolate cake in front of the whole school and killed my muscles so much that it hurt to walk, let alone wear my precious heels) I've been going for a thirty to forty five minute jog/sprint/run around my 'hood. 

It feels so fuckin' goot and I listen to 'Monster' by Kanye while I strut ma stuff and I feel like such a G. A mega white G who looks entirely like a midget with my layers of workout clothes, but still. Gator don't take shit from nobody! Same applies fo me so zip it or I'll bust a cap in yo ass. 

Uh, one.

Basically, I'm very happy with myself for making this turn around and sticking to it. And believe me, four days is a lot in Sparkle years for deciding to go healthy and maintaining it. Plus, I'm drinking freight train loads of water each day. In addition to working out my torso and arms for twenty minutes too. 

Say it wif me: Boo. Ya.

After this resolution transforms moi, I'm pretty confident in my second resolution coming to life. I can't remember what my third was though. I think it was travel and that's already a fo sho thing. West coast watch out! Btw, I have no flipping idea what to do for my big 2-1 since my besties are a year younger than me so any suggests? 

I'd rather not have my highly anticipated 21st bday fail miserably, if you know what I'm sayin'.
Sparkle out bitches! <3

 

^ God, I need to wax...

3 comments:

  1. I'm just gonna go ahead and take credit for the new dark chocolate addiction, but besides that I love this posty!!! Stick to that and I'm sure number 2 will happen for sure! And your 3rd one is to travel (I have the list right here in case you want it... my resolutions... hilarious, anyways).

    Continue with your resolutions and you can join mine and Meg's world of healthful delights! :) Excluding V-day of course, cause, that's just gonna be too amazing to pass us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chica, you can totally go ahead and take credit for zhat. Wanna know vhy? Cause you def influenced it and I thank you!

    Oh, I most certainly want the resolutions, but everyone's (meaning the three of ours) so I may chuckle my little heart over them.

    I forgot to add that I'm eating lentils too!! What's the kind that yo mama gets when she makes that superb Spanish soupy?

    One step at a time, girrl. I'm not going too extreme yet. We need to start making a list of all the treats wez eating for V-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what were my resolutions again?
    Also my dieting is going terribly. I'm eating an apple fritter as i type.

    AND YOU ARE COMING HERE FOR YOUR 21. no if ands or buts

    ReplyDelete