Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Glitter, Gems + Guys Galore

Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's Raining Harry Winston!




It's very easy to assume that when you say Harry Winston, you know it's not a clothing designer, or a restaurant or a band. No, no. You say Harry Winston, you mean jewels. You don't have to say anything about diamonds or gems or an engagement ring for that matter. 

Just Harry Winston.


It's only right and sane and moral to have my first gem (from the four G's of my blog title) post be of my longest devoted jeweler. Believe it or not, I've known and dreamed of Harry Winston jewelry since I was eight years old. I was such a little diva as a tot/child. I had to have everything sparkly and covered in diamonds. Had you given me a pearl (a real one too) I actually cried (true story). 

I wanted diamonds and nothing else. 

Come on, pearls? (I love them now btw) They weren't sparkly, henceforth I didn't want them. They were the plague to me. All my girl friends loved pearls and always wanted their Mom's, but me...I wanted my mom's real gems. Sapphires, diamonds...I would sneak into her room and just admire her jewelry box. 

A got this tiny ruby and diamond ring when I was seven, not even half a carat each and you couldn't fucking pry that thing off me for anything. I couldn't wear it to school, but at home, Oh Lordy did I fawn over that thing. I got such a thrill opening the lid and seeing that nestled within. I still own it to this day, in perfect condition. (It fits too, a small 6.)


My Gma is an Avon lady and I used to beg and plead for orders from her in the jewelry section. I currently have most of the ones I did get. In flawless condition. I was a cautious kid when it came to jewelry. I only wore it in the house, during dress up or playing with my barbies. 

So, to put it simply -- diamonds are part of my soul.


And Harry Winston owns that bit of my soul. He is renowned as the Diamond King of the World. He has the best jewels on the planet. I heartily believe that. I don't care about Cartier, Bulgari, Debeers, Graff (the second place jeweler of the entire gem world), Van Cleef and Arpel, Tiffany's, Neil Lane, Chopard, Tocari...like Mikimoto does pearls, Harry Winston does diamonds.


My biggest wish is to have whoever my future husband is propose with a Harry Winston ring. It's a long stretch, but I've always been optimistic in life. And forever the most when it came to Harry Winston. I mean, it blows my mind how extraordinary and breathtaking his jewelry is!


The clarity is what really awes me. You can just SEE the brilliance of the gem. Compared to all other jewelers (though Graff, I will admit, comes in a close second) Mr. Winston's are by far and bar none the highest quality. The 4 C's (cut, color, carat, clarity) are all flawless. 


No matter what gem he uses (sapphire, yellow diamond, pink diamond, emerald, etc) it is astounding at how expensive and how rich his designs look! I melt because his jewelry is melting. You're jaw can't help but drop. You could just gaze at his collections for days and be satisfied. I know I am, though I will own a Harry Winston piece(s) one day. 


I don't care if I have to live in a cave or hickville so I can walk into his beautiful store, guarded to the teeth and probably the most dazzling place to date and purchase a gem from him. I want to kiss his cheek with gratitude for building his diamond empire and holding such esteem from a good portion of the world honoring his talent, his eye for jewels and his impeccable taste in designing the most vibrant accessories for women.


To you, Mr. Winston.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I don't even know where to start with the images I've collected of his work...

Let's begin with my favorite ads of his. I'm all about being an animal lover. And incorporating animals and jewelry together in eye-catching advertisements was a wise call in my viewpoint!




What a unique, clever idea!


Cheetah Day represent!






I cringe when I think if any of these animals broke or chipped the rings...would there be a discount?
:DDD

^
 This is my favorite ad. 
For the longest time, that was my ideal engagement ring.
It still is, in a way.
I love cushion cut and I love surrounding pave diamonds.
Plus the platinum band set in pave diamonds.

Also, how fucking cute that two birdies are in it, being in love and one of them proposing...
it is perfection.

 Bejeezus, I love that ring. 
Brilliant-cut, about 18 carats, flawless clarity.

^
What a cutie!
This one has the best overall showcase, but nothing can top the two parrots with my ideal ring.

~
Reminiscing over those year or two old ads had me curious as to what other promo Harry Winston has done. I found these from 1948, which just set my heart a flutter. Who could deny a 50's housewife Harry Winston from these photos?




I certainly wouldn't.

~
These are his newest and they are very appealing to the average women and pretty, though certainly not as attention-grabbing to me:





Ze babay wit ze necklace.


No denying the jewelry is gorgeous.


~

Those earlier era ads reminded me of this amazing LIFE magazine article they did on Harry Winston and none other than Elizabeth Taylor. He used to set up entire showrooms for her when (whichever) husband would phone in. I admire Ms. Taylor for her famous love of diamonds, but that's the extent of the admiration.

  
Mr. Winston himself and an assistant preparing a private viewing for Elizabeth Taylor.


 Are you seeing the size of those baubles!?!?!?!?!
(That's what she said.)

 Oh my god...

^
I would kill for a pinkie ring like that. Or that exact one, to be more specific.

I've decided I will be the next Elizabeth Taylor when it comes to her over the topness with diamonds.

Harry Winston waiting with his massive selection for a tardy Ms. Taylor.
Who the fuck would have the audacity to make Harry Winston wait?
If I was her, I would've made Eddie or whatever her husband was at the time buy out the whole lot.
Such atrocity...
(DO YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THAT SAPPHIRE!?)
(AND THAT EMERALD AND DIAMOND NECKLACE!)
I died.

~


Just kidding.
I still have so much more to show!

HOLY BALLS!!! 
The flawless clarity....that is precise colorless F if I've ever seen.

 ^
Marquise cut.
Anna Nicole Smith kinda ruined this for me, but I can still admire it.


^
Harry Winston's Tulip ring.
He is genius. 
There's nothing else to say.


^
Harry Winston is the owner of the highest percentage of rare pink diamonds in the world.
Oh, and of the highest 4 C's, of course.


^
Do you see this?
24.78 carats.
Now that's a ring!

^
Sapphires...as deep a color as you can go.
The nails are pretty awesome too.

^
What a brilliant mixture!!!!


 ^
I'm blind!
And I'm okay with that since this was the last thing I saw.



It still stumps me that his gems are that colorless and flawless!!!!
To have that revenue of diamonds is staggering!






 ^
Canary diamonds.
The most rare and esteemed diamonds of the bunch.
I see why.

Btw, I love Heidi Klum and Seal for being such a power couple and having one of the strongest family bonds, but a lot too for their taste in weddings rings:



 Now that's love and class wrapped in one fabulous, expensive oval.

~

I'll wrap this up since this is longer than the Bible.
(Harry Winston is my Bible. just sayin'.)



 Now that's a watch.



 The first thing I fell in love with Harry Winston was his wise choice that 
BIGGER is BETTER.






^
J'dore these earrings! So vintage and Princess Di-like.

~~


Finally, I saved my most beloved of all Harry Winston's jewels for last.
THE ENGAGEMENT RING.

 


 ^
This was originally my ideal engagement ring because it was the biggest carat. I had to have huge diamonds and I continue to hold steadfast to that, but now I'm a bit more realistic (even if Harry Winston isn't quite on its own).
^
My strong first choice four years running.
^
 Someone actually owns this ring. Can you believe it!?
The jealousy is beyond unparalleled.

 The Sunburst ring.
Beautiful.

 When I saw this cut, Asscher (my fav, which is a special cut of the emerald square-cut) I changed my mind and had this as my number one engagement ring. I'm not big on the baguette side-diamonds however.

^
Art-deco, unique and sparkling.
Nuff said.

 This, ladies and gents, is my tip top ideal ring.
I found I love a simple band and it looks best on my finger.
And Asscher-cut is my lord and savior, so this ring is everything and more.

SAVOR AND ENJOY, MY DARLINGS.

~~~

Yee, one more thing.
Avidly adoring Harry Winston, I constantly forget that I need to read this.
For the principle of the thing.
;)

4 comments:

  1. All hail Harry! All hail Harry! Hmmm I wonder where o where you first were introduced to Harry Winston???! Could it be that your amazing, big sister started your passion and obsession... Me thinks so! :) <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Sveet! Did you read the whole post? Bravo if you did, this thing was hefty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahhaa oh my, Kelsipoo. You are hilar. But seriously, I have diamonds for eyes now. Literally, my looking balls have been replaced by brilliant Harry Winston diamonds and gems.

    Holy Humptydumpty. Harry Winston is a jewelry PIMP. He is like the O.G. of jewels. For reals. This is so funny that you did this post, though because I was just going to do one on antique engagement rings! We must be on the same page :) Although you are WAY more of a jewelry expert than me. I might need some of your expert consultation when the time of my engagement comes along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skybaby! I'm sorry, but I'm gonna steal your looking balls in a snap since I have been dying for Harry Winston gems since a wee sprout. I'll replace them with cubic zirconia though so it's not a total loss! :)

    Isn't he? And he's such a strapping gentleman. When are we NOT on the same page, soul sista? I love me antique engagement rings - hezzo art deco!!!

    Hahahahaha that's amazing that you say that since I am the official engagement ring tag-along for all my girlfriends when their man goes ring shopping in the future! I already did once two years ago and I knew more about the rings in the store than the saleswoman! She was so impressed (and glaring hotly at me for showing her up)! ;o <3

    ReplyDelete